5 Reasons to do Quest Lough Derg
Quest Lough Derg is one of the top adventure events in Ireland, taking place around the country’s most beautiful region of inland waterways. But that’s not the only reason to do it! Here are five more:
- Location, location, location: Taking place in Ireland’s Hidden Heartlands, competitors run, cycle and kayak around the unparalleled tranquility and beautiful scenery of the Lough Derg inland lake region.
- Adventure for everyone: Quest Lough Derg has three routes to choose from, suitable for all levels of fitness: the 69km Expert, 45Km Sports, and 22km Challenge (perfect for beginners and first timers). You can do it.
- Huge sense of achievement: There is a huge sense of achievement when you cross the line covered in sweat and the adrenaline is pumping. For most people adventure races are more about finishing the race than doing it fast or within a certain time.
- The Great Escape: It’s a great excuse to plan an fun weekend away with friends. Push your body to the limit and compete against your buddies. Enjoy the great food and finish line entertainment – if your legs can take it! Explore the regions hikes and trails, or take a boat out on the Shannon.
- Run Ireland’s Longest Temporary Bridge: By taking part in Quest Lough Derg you get to run over Ireland’s longest temporary bridge. This floating pontoon is built especially for the event, stretching over the Shannon from Killaloe to Ballina for the most epic finish you will experience at any adventure race!
Quest Lough Derg takes place on 9th September 2023