It’s not uncommon to get 4 seasons in one day, so it’s important to be prepared and have the right gear. It is vital that all competitors must bring the following mandatory kit list with them and carry it at all times from the start to finish:
Mandatory Kit List
- Basic First Aid Kit (Min: 1 x dressing pad (field dressing), roll bandage and plasters).
- Map of the route (included in your race pack).
- Survival blanket and
- Appropriate food and There will be limited water re-fill points
- Cycle helmet, spare tube, and
- Hat or buff, gloves and waterproof jacket (sleeveless jacket is not acceptable).
- Suitable footwear (trail runners are recommended).
- Front and back bike lights.
Why do you need a mandatory kit?
This is an adventure race. There will not be marshals around every corner and if you have an accident such as a twisted ankle, it might take a while for medical assistance to reach you. To avoid getting cold or even hypodermic while you wait it’s critical to have your mandatory kit.
All kits will be checked on the morning of the race.
If you do not have any of the above kit, you will not be allowed to take part or, for minor omissions, a significant “Standing time” penalty may be applied.
The Mandatory kit required is for YOUR SAFETY and may well be needed so please carry it.